Friday 26 February 2016

Do I Say I'm Back...?

It's another post where I am honestly thinking, it's time to start again.

Not just at the gym and actually taking it slow and logging everything down but actually re-vamping this awful looking blog. I know I designed it all myself, but there are names and layouts and even just colours that need to leave this blog.

Once and for all.

I have reached a point where I think I need to take baby steps, very small baby steps. I am going to open up much more about how I shall be trying to maintain a gym routine with depression and how difficult I have been finding it. Because if I am completely honest, it has been once of the hardest goals I have ever had to aim for.

I have had depression for a number of years now, and I do honestly wish that I had tackled it by now but both myself and my past friends underestimate how difficult this mental condition is. In no way am I comparing it to any other mental condition, as I know that each one is painfully difficult to overcome in it's own way.

It's just how strong you are, and how you face it. I have been extremely dismissive in my depression assuming I can tackle it all my own without the help of medication or therapy and honestly it has not been the answer. I am on medication Sertraline 100mg a day, actually but my next step in the right direction is to look into therapy anything that will be supportive and help me to develop an insight into my depression. People are always so quick to judge stating 'I hate when people are depressed when they have nothing to be depressed about,' that person in no way knows what you are going through and even with an explanation they shall still never understand.

Your mind is your mind, and only you can figure it out with guidance and support and most importantly love...

Now, I'm drifting slightly off course here. My main point is, I am looking into getting myself into a gym routine, this shall start off with me literally tackling one day at a time. I am looking no further than that one day.

I have found that for the first week of your exercise you should look into doing one hour of walking, for at least 5 days of the week if you can. If I can do even one day of this workout, I shall be immensely proud of myself. It really is all about one step at a time.

But...

There is one more important aspect of my health and fitness that I need to consider before even worrying about Exercise and that is my DIET. Do you know what I had to eat today:

2 X Yoghurts
1 X Grab Bag of Skips
1 X Grab Bag of Walkers Salt and Vinegar
1 X Sausage Roll
1 X Apple
Half a steak, with some runner green beans and some fried onions

For a diet - that is not health in any remote way. I really need to look into providing my body with much cleaner and healthier food which will actually benefit me and help me to improve both inside and out.

I guess I can only log everything I'm doing and keep track, after all every time I log something new it'll be a mental push for me. Knowing that I am actually doing something good, I am actually going in the right direction.

In another happy thought, I can also track my boyfriends development as well. His name is Corey Bates and I shall do an entire post separately for him as he is worth every single word I have to say about him. After all I can't adore or praise him any more than I already do, if I can help him to become a better and healthier version of himself than that is something that I shall aspire to do.

I'll see you all, hopefully after tomorrow of DAY ONE
Goodbye for now,



No comments:

Post a Comment