Friday 11 January 2013

Difficulties Are Sinking In.

All right, I did have the wonderful news of losing 3.8 lbs in the very early stages of my dieting and exercise the only downside, I seem to have had mini relapses recently.

This alone is enough to be disappointed in, but the disappointed feeling is making me want to give up, but thankfully I haven't plus, it's far to early to even start considering giving up now. I have been a little naughty with the food I've been eating but I have found a way to stop myself, I'm going to eat the last of the 'naughty food' and then that's it. I will no longer be tempted to eat any more bad food.

This is it, I really have to buckle down and get on with it, this weight isn't going to shift itself. I just need to make sure that everyone I know is with me on this one. As I will need help to remove junk food from my diet completely, I will have to get used to eating more fruit and choosing fruit over a packet of snack-a-jacks, as let's face it the calories basically make the choice for you.

I will also by adding more to my exercise routine as I don't believe gym 3 times a week will be enough, although the friend whose also weight-watching has given me a wonderful routine for the gym, and this is what it is:


  • 30mins - Treadmill
  • 20mins - Bicycle
  • 20mins- Cross Runner

It is so simple, yet extremely effective but as seen as I'm quite unfit I found the whole process of it quite tiring and it really wore me down. I actually had to stop after those three exercises the first time, but I am ready to do it for the second time and this time I will do better.

I have added a couple more bits and bobs to the routine to tackle all my problem areas, for example:

  • 10 sets of 3 reps on Leg Press
  • 10 sets of 3 reps on Hip Adductor
  • 10 sets of 3 reps on Hip Adductor (They have 2 different machine's for this one)
  • 10 sets of 3 reps on Abdominal Crunch
  • 10 sets of 3 reps on Various Weights

You'll always notice one thing, it's going to be a while before I can do this routine without any troubles but I'll gradually get there and then I will be able to say exactly how much my fitness has improved and hopefully my weight loss as well.

Good luck with your weight loss and wish me luck, we can do this.

Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment